Digital Analytics Manager
My client is looking for a Digital Analytics Manager to join their Marketing/Digital practice.
This role would suit someone who is very hands on and can provide a rear view mirror report on what has happened in the business to date – and then set up a predictive framework where the business can make decisions on trends and what could happen! based on a number of scenarios and market trends.
Plugging into the business wide marketing function, you will be story boarding the data, bringing together disparate sets of data and transforming them into actionable insights that will drive commercial performance and actions. This is a unique opportunity for a Digital Analytics professional to build a capability from scratch, unhindered by legacy and established ways of working. With a strong commercial focus.
The Digital Analytics Manager will focus on commercial metrics including performance marketing and leading the digital work on optimisation, A/B and multivariate testing. You’ll be a project data and analytics expert who designs, experiments and analyses disparate data sets, validates the quality of the data and aids the speed of delivery and exponential growth beyond traditional business models in the building materials industry. You will shape and lead the digital analytics and optimisation requirements and delivery the expectation of building a team over time.
What you will be doing:
* Identify and understand the different sources of digital data that are required and available to create actionable insight
* Take responsibility for “joining the dots” between disparate data sets to generate insights that would not have been possible had the data not been joined together
* Use data to tell a story of customer past and present behaviour and use analytics to develop predictive customer behaviour
* Work alongside Digital team members and business and product owners to identify key metrics that data can measure and improve
* Lead the analysis of testing results including the design of tests to maximise quantifiable learnings
* Ensure that optimisation tests are conducted with specific metrics in place to fully evaluate performance through establishing performance benchmarks
* Be the team ‘expert’ on understanding how digital marketing lead generation can be measured and improved through the use of data analytics
* Bring data to life visually so it becomes a powerful influencer of actions and strategy
* Demonstrate how data can be used to focus on customer outcomes
* Build strong business relationships with the central and regional marketing teams by understanding their business and customer needs and establishing how data can help achieve their business goals
What you can bring:
* Previous experience with a quantitative focus in digital analytics, SEO and SEM, statistics, computer science or a related field
* Strong grasp of statistics and data mining techniques
* Dataset merging, dataset analysis, dataset synthesis
* A/B test and multivariate testing tools
* Experience of cloud based analytics environments are desirable
* Strong technical communication skills; both written and verbal
* Ability to understand and articulate the “big picture” and simplify complex ideas
* Strong problem solving and structuring skills
* Ability to identify and learn applicable new techniques independently as needed
* The ability to visualize and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
* Ability to develop trusted relationships inside and outside the company
* Strong market, business and commercial awareness combined with pragmatic technical leadership
* Entrepreneurial spirit and high commitment, determination, resilience as well as quality and cost awareness
* The capability to create certainty of results and direction from ambiguity